Dear Friend!

Welcome to the tiny space for Mother and Child, in this infinite world of web. For better communication we have a Facebook id for this blog which is Anusha Babu. Anusha Babu id is restricted to mothers only. Feeds and status updates are regularly featured on FB.

Come join me and enjoy Motherhood!!!

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Selfie

Birth, education, work, marriage and motherhood, throughout I have been in a metro. For the past three years I am confined to family life. Day starts at home and ends at home….24 hours with my child. There are short visits to the outside world, for a change.

I am thankful to social networking sites; they keep me updated on latest happenings. Latest being the election fever. Most of my friends have posted their pics with captions like flaunt your finger, got inked, my vote and so on. Few pics which had both face and finger mentioned ‘Selfie’. ‘Selfie’ to me sounds like ‘Selfish’. But, people use this word with confidence and pride. Wonder what’s wrong with me. Am I moving backwards in time? Should I blame my confinement or seeks my granny’s shelter?

Wise Friend advised:

Baby, just let it BE!
World is ever changing can’t you see
You are unique for the choices you make
Be yourself, do not fake.

No comments: